CALL FOR PAPERS
5th International Scientific Conference
Linguistic, Pedagogical and Intercultural Challenges in Tertiary Education
This is the first call for papers for the 5th International Scientific Conference to be held on 7–9 November 2013 at the Institute of Foreign Languages, Vilnius University. The Conference aims at exploring the tendencies and perspectives of foreign language teaching at the institutions of higher education and encompasses the following themes: Linguistic studies, Language teaching, Teacher training, Plurilingual & intercultural education, Content & language integrated learning (CLIL), Literature studies, Language projects.
Bob Dignen (UK):
What are the skills needed to be successful in the international workplace of tomorrow? (Plenary Speech); Developing the art of feedback (Follow-up workshop)
Ligija Kaminskienė (LT):
Public directives as parallel texts (Plenary Speech)
Petra Daryai-Hansen (DK), Ildikó Lőrincz (HU):
FREPA – A set of instruments for the development of plurilingual and intercultural competences (Plenary Speech + one day training workshops)
Dasso Saldivar (Colombia) History, autobiography and tragedy in Chronicle of a Death Foretold (Plenary Speech) Xavier Blanco (ES) Les pragmatčmes : définition, typologie et traitement lexicographique (Plenary Speech) Selected manuscripts will be published in the Volume of research papers “Verbum”.
Dasso Saldivar (Colombia)
History, autobiography and tragedy in Chronicle of a Death Foretold (Plenary Speech)
Xavier Blanco (ES)
Les pragmatčmes : définition, typologie et traitement lexicographique (Plenary Speech)
Selected manuscripts will be published in the Volume of research papers “Verbum”.
Registration Form: http://www.conference.uki.vu.lt/registration/
- Seminars on Developing Listening and Speaking Skills
- The lecture – seminar at the European Commission in Lithuania and Information Centre of European Parlament Information Bureau
- “Languages for Work and Life: a Challenge for Teachers and Learners“
- A Week of Spanish Culture
- Vino e Arte
- Dennis Cuningham‘s visit to the Institute of Foreign Languages
- Visit to American Center: embracing “Ghetto“.
- Seminar at the American Resource Center, Embassy of the United States of America
- Institute of Foreign Languages hosted the delegation from the University of Latvia.
- National Public Speaking Competition
- New Spaces: English Language Seminar at Menu Spaustuve
- Prof. dr. John Carey's Lecture at the Institute of Foreign Language
- USA State Department Regional Information Resource Officer Ms.Fenghua Wang visits Institute of Foreign Languages
- Invitation to Election Night
- Spanish film of Miguel Albaladejo “Born to Suffer”
- Meeting Vanna Chan, a representative of the USA Embassy
- Prof. Daniela Francesca Virdis
- International Public Speaking Competition: Baltic Triumph in London
- FILM SCREENING AT THE AMERICAN CENTER (Akmenu 7, Vilnius)
- Linguistic, Pedagogical and Intercultural Challenges in Tertiary Education
- Empowering Employability Conference
- Launch of “Developing Employability for Business“
- “Hierarchies of Knowledge in American Public Imagination”
- 17th National Public Speaking Competition
- Contemporary Rhetorical Discourse: How Might the Sophists and Plato React?
- Jae Hyun Park from South Korea Wins 2014 International Public Speaking Competition in London
- Guest lecturer Jessica M. Hamilton, USA
- Georgian language is to be taught at the Institute of Foreign Languages